Messages from both Dominion And Ontario Command are on the sub page
Good Day Comrades,
Rabbi Dr. Reuven Bulka, one of our Dominion Honorary Chaplains, has co-composed a National Prayer for Canada in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that the global community is continuing to face. Working with faith leaders nationwide, he is calling on all Canadians to join in a collective recitation of this prayer on 31 March at 3 pm.
Well-known for his rousing and motivating Benediction at the National Remembrance Day ceremony each year, Rabbi Bulka’s inspirational words of thanks may be comforting to you in this challenging time of uncertainty and global concern.
National Executive Director / Directeur exécutif national
The Royal Canadian Legion - National Headquarters
Le siège de La Légion royale canadienne
86 Aird Place, Ottawa, K2L 0A1
T: 613-591-3335 ext 245
C: 613-292-2475 Toll free: 1-888-556-6222
New information and restrictions from Peterborough Public Health regarding Red zone
Good morning Comrades
Below please find the results of a Provincial Administrative Committee electronic poll to give direction and assistance to our Districts, Zones and Branches and to help us all deal with decisions required to fight COVID-19 and the protection of our members.
1. All non-essential business travel by PEC members as well as Provincial HQ staff is cancelled until further notice.
2. Being mindful of the importance of taking mitigating measures against the spread of the virus, it is highly recommended that all District and Zone Meetings and related activities be postponed until June. A re-assessment to be undertaken in May to determine if further postponement is warranted.
3. Ontario Provincial Command cannot dictate Branch operations. Branches should rely on guidance from their local health authorities and directives from Ontario Command in determining whether to re-schedule their meetings. (State of emergency in Ontario)
4. Ontario Command recommends that All Provincial Legion Member Sports events (darts, crib, 8-ball) be cancelled until further notice.
5. As the Provincial Track & Field event is scheduled to occur in July, plans to hold the competition will continue, with a re-assessment end-April and final decision by PAC whether to proceed or cancel (It will not be possible to re-schedule).
6. We have made decisions needed to help keep our Ontario Provincial HQ staff safe. This includes arrangements to work from home and re-scheduling of hours of work etc. If you have employees at your branch affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, please refer to the following website for the most up to date and relevant information
7. 2020 Public Speaking, both Area and Provincial competitions, are cancelled.
We understand that Branches are going through a very tough time and the economics of this crisis may well be devastating to some. We will keep you posted as things change and evolve over time with the impacts of this crisis.
Please note that the contents of this e-mail, as well as any other notices will be posted on our web site under MEDIA/NEWSLETTER and the link is shown below. I recommend that it be checked regularly for updates.